Getting to Ayia Napa from the airport
There are a few ways to get from the airport to Ayia Napa (car hire, taxi, coach and local bus) but the quickest and most efficient is by Taxi. If there are 3 or more people travelling in your group is usually also works out the cheapest transfer option. Find out more about Airport Transfers.
What transport is available in and around Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa is a big resort with a choice of beaches, bars and restaurants all spread throughout the town. If you like to get out and about and explore whilst you are on holiday then you might be thinking about the different transport options available to you. There are loads of different options for getting around Ayia Napa.
- On Foot / Walking - Ayia Napa is a great town for walking with plenty to see and do.
- Bicycle - Ayia Napa has numerous cycle paths and bicycle rental shops. Find out more about Cycling in Ayia Napa.
- Moped / Scooter - The classic way to travel around Ayia Napa. Find out more about Moped rental in Ayia Napa.
- Quad Bike - Always in demand, Quad bikes are the most popular way to travel around Ayia Napa. Get more info about Quad Rental in Ayia Napa.
- Beach Buggy - A fun and impressive looking way to visit Ayia Napa's attractions. Find out more about Beach Buggies in Ayia Napa.
- Car Hire - Get maximum flexibility and tour the island of Cyprus in comfort. Find out more about Car Hire in Ayia Napa.
- Local Bus - Cheap and easy to hop on and off all around Ayia Napa. Find out more about Ayia Napa bus services.
- Taxi - Travel in style, Taxi's in Ayia Napa are plentiful. Find out more about Ayia Napa taxi's.
Walking Around Ayia Napa
Many people choose to explore Ayia Napa on foot. There are plenty of shops, bars, restaurants, cafe's and attractions all over the town so you never have to walk far before you find something to see or do. The distance from the centre of Ayia Napa to Nissi Beach is around 30 minutes walk but there are closer beaches to the town centre. Wherever you stay in Ayia Napa you are generally within easy walking distance of a beach and places to eat.
Cycling Around Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa has cycle paths laid out along Nissi Avenue and heading out of town towards Cape Greco and in the opposite direction past Nissi Bay and Macronissos as far as Potamos Liopetri. Bicycles can be hired cheaply from numerous places around the town.
getting Around Ayia Napa by Moped / Scooter
Quad Bikes in Ayia Napa
Getting around Ayia Napa in a Beach BUggy
Hiring a car in AYia Napa
If you want to go further than the local area and really see more of Cyprus then Car hire is the most practical. Small cars are the cheapest to hire but 4x4's, open top and luxury cars are also available. There are car hire offices at the airport at Larnaca when you arrive or several hire companies based in Ayia Napa where you can rent a car for a day or a week to suit your needs.
One of the best ways to look for car hire is to compare prices on a travel search engine such as Skyscanner, Holiday Auto's or Expedia. These search facilities will show you prices from lots of different car hire companies so you can choose which one is best for you.
Getting a Taxi in Ayia Napa
There are loads of taxi's available in Ayia Napa and most are Mercedes or other luxury cars. There are also larger stretch Mercedes which can seat 7 or more people and are a great way for groups of friends to get around town. Taxi is also the most comfortable and efficient way of getting to Ayia Napa from the airport. There is a taxi rank at the airport but the prices are higher than for our pre-booked taxi services which start at just €45 each way. Book your Airport Taxi here.
Local Bus Services ARound Ayia Napa
The local bus services in Ayia Napa are very reasonably prices and the most popular route runs from Waterworld Waterpark at the edge of Ayia Napa, along Nissi Avenue into the town centre and then on to Protaras town and then Paralimni Village. It is great for exploring the nearby towns and villages and very handy for just hopping on to the beach or back into town.