Famagusta by Jeep Excursion
Tickets cost €45 per adult. Sightseeing tour by jeep from Ayia Napa.
Get to know the ancient city of Famagusta in this half day tour by Jeep which gives you plenty of time to explore the city at your leisure.
Available Wednesday and Saturday from November to March, then Tuesday and Friday afternoons from April to October.
We accept payments by Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Paypal.
Please book at least 2 days in advance.
FAMAGUSTA BY JEEP FROM AYIA NAPA
The trip begins with a visit to the Famagusta Cultural Center in Dheryneia, where we can view the abandoned city from just a short distance away. We will see a short movie about Famagusta before the invasion and its evacuation in 1974. Leaflets and information are available free of charge.
You will then cross the "Green Line" as the border is known into the Turkish occupied territory. (Passports are required!) We get a firsthand look at the abandoned town of Varosha along the fence, before arriving at the famous beach of Famagusta where we can see the empty hotels lining the deserted beach.
We continue to the old town of Famagusta, circling the ancient moat of the walled city before we go within the city walls. Inside the castle walls you will find a wealth of ancient buildings and monuments including the impressive gothic Saint Nicholas Cathedral which is the focal point of the old town square.
Enjoy free time to explore the old town at your leisure, wander the quaint back streets, admire the antiquities or stop for a coffee in a quiet cafe.
Wednesday and Saturday mornings (November to April) Tuesday and Friday afternoons from April to October.
Duration: 8.30am to 1.30.pm for morning tour (Winter only).
1.30pm to 5.30pm for afternoon tour (Summer only)
What to bring: Passports, Towel and swimwear, sunhat, sunscreen, comfortable shoes.
Prices: €45 Adults & €35 Kids
Childrens Prices: Ages 12 and over pay adult price, ages 3-11 pay child price.
Children: Not suitable for children under 3. Older children are welcome on this tour, however it is a long day and parents should make their own decision as to whether it would be suitable their child.
Full payment required to book.
Hotel Picks ups Starts at 8.00am from hotels in Protaras and Ayia Napa for the morning tour and 1.30pm for the afternoon tour. Your exact pick up time will be advised upon confirmation.
All indicated times are approximate and subject to change.
Itinerary of excursions is subject to change due to weather conditions.
Passports are required on this trip. Lunch is not included.
Once you have made your payment we will email you confirmation within 24 hours. If you do not receive a confirmation within that time, please check your junk / spam folder for an email from email@example.com.
Please ensure you have included your email address, phone number, date you'd like to book and your hotel name on your booking. If you have any further queries or requests please email us - firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a no quibble guarantee. Most of our excursions are fully refundable up to 48 hours before departure. We are happy to amend dates or make changes to your booking with no administration fees. If you are not satisfied with your tour or excursion (a very rare occurrence) then we can liaise with the operator on your behalf to reach a satisfactory outcome for all. We are contactable by email or on Facebook messenger to answer any questions you might have.
Love Ayia Napa is owned and operated by Terri Guy, a former travel agent and tour operator holiday representative who lived and worked in Cyprus for many years. She now resides on the West Coast of Ireland with her husband and small children. Her years spent in Cyprus allow her extensive knowledge of the best places to go and things to see. She also gained a large network of suppliers for all kinds of trips, tours, excursions, activities and in-resort services.
The website continues to grow with new tickets and tours being added all the time.
If you have booked for a date that isn't available (either fully booked, or you've chosen a date that a trip does not operate on) we will contact you straight away and offer you an alternative date/time or option. If this alternative is not suitable for you then we would cancel your booking and refund the payment. (Please note that card payments processed by Stripe can take 5-10 days to show back on your account)
Our online payments are securely processed by either Stripe (for card payments) or Paypal for your protection.
If you are booking for something departing within 24 hours (48 hours at peak season) then there is a chance the tour will be full, BUT we will always try! If you are booking last minute you can either email us first so we can check availability or you can go ahead and make the booking and we will try our best to book you (If you are flexible with dates then this option usually works out well) Please bear in mind that if we need to refund your payment and you have paid by card, it can take up to 10 days to show back on your account.
All excursion bookings will be confirmed by email only. We will not sent anything by post.
For some tours which include coach travel we will send you an e-ticket which contains pick up details and emergency contact numbers. This does not need to be printed but you can show it to the guide on the coach on your phone if it is convenient for you. For all other bookings we will provide pick up details and any contact numbers you may need in your confirmation email.
The exception to this is the Stardust show where we will email you a ticket with a code to be scanned at the door.
- Love Ayia Napa acts as a booking agent only.
- Your booking is bound by the terms and conditions of the operator of your chosen activity/excursion. Their specific full terms and conditions will be supplied on request.
- Love Ayia Napa is not liable or responsible in any way whatsoever for accidents, incidents or any other occurrence whilst participating in any events, activities or excursions that are booked through this website. Love Ayia Napa accepts no liability for personal injury, loss or damage incurred on any activity/tour/excursion booked through us.
- Love Ayia Napa is not responsible for the running of or promotion of any tours or excursions.
- Deposits are non refundable unless the tour/event/activity does not operate on the date you have booked. You may be able to amend the date of your trip as long as you notify us at least 48 hours before the departure time.
- If you have paid in full and need to cancel: Cancellations within 48 hours of your tour/activity start time are 100% non refundable, cancellations outside of this time may receive either a full or partial refund depending on the terms of the operator.
- Participants are responsible for their own actions during the tour/event/activity and must follow the safety instructions and advice given by the guide/leader/driver of the tour/activity/event or the captain/crew of the boat.
- Love Ayia Napa is not responsible nor liable for loss of any personal property left in vehicles, boats or elsewhere. Participants are responsible for their own personal items and Love Ayia Napa accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to personal property whilst on an excursion/trip/tour.
- Itineraries operate subject to weather conditions. Itineraries may change without prior notice at the discretion of the tour guide/operator when necessary for operational reasons.
- Pick up times and meeting instructions will be confirmed upon booking where applicable.
- Transport to/from your excursion/activity are only included when specified in the description.
- When visiting religious sites, legs and arms must be covered.
- Food and drinks are not provided unless specified in the tour description.