Tours and Excursions to Nicosia
Nicosia (also called Lefkosia) is the capital of Cyprus and has been divided by the "green line" since the Turkish invasion of 1974. You can cross over into the occupied area (passports required) or explore this wonderful city which has an abundance of both designer label stores and sun dappled sleepy back streets. This is the only divided capital city in the world and is a fascinating mix of historical sites and modern amenities.
- Laiki Yeotonia - The old part of the city with narrow cobbled lanes, cozy courtyard cafe's, bijou shops and a charming olde worlde atmosphere.
- Ledra Street - A pedestrianised shopping area which leads up to the Green Line and border crossing.
- Stasicratous Street and Makarios Avenue - Modern shopping streets with international brand shops, designer labels and outlet shops.
- Venetian Walls - Enclosing the old city, the walls are extremely well preserved.
- Byzantine Art museum - Containing a huge collection of over 200 icons, some dating back to the 5th century.
- Shacolas Observatory - Viewing tower with amazing views across the whole city.
- Famagusta Gate - One of the original entrances to the old city.
- Numerous museums and art galleries.
Distance from Ayia Napa: Nicosia is 88km from Ayia Napa and it takes just over an hour to get there.
Available tours to Nicosia
The tours below all visit Nicosia. You can view the schedule of excursions and tours from the calendar button below, or choose one of the tours shown for more details. If you don't see a tour that interests you, please send us an email with your requirements and we can create an itinerary to suit your needs - email@example.com