Tours and Excursions to Northern Cyprus from Ayia Napa
Since the Turkish invasion of 1974, Cyprus has been divided by the "green Line" with Turkey occupying the northern 37% of the island. The ancient cities of Kyrenia and Famagusta have countless historical ruins and archaeological wonders just waiting to be explored. Northern Cyprus is a mix of sleepy old world charm, ancient city kingdoms, dramatic castles, stunning coastline and historical sites.
- Kyrenia - With it's pretty harbour and shops and restaurants, Kyrenia is a bustling tourists town.
- Kyrenia Castle - Housing the shipwreck museum, this impressive fortress site must be explored.
- Bellapais Abbey - 13th century gothic style abbey ruins overlooking Kyrenia
- Salamis - Archaeological park at the ruins of the ancient city kingdom of Salamis
- Famagusta old town - This fascinating walled city contains numerous churches and ancient buildings dating back to medieval times.
- Famagusta City walls - Huge Venetian walls border the old town and include points of interest such as Othello's Castle.
- St Hilarion Castle - This spooky mountain top fortress is perched precariously overlooking Kyrenia and offers dramatic views of the coast.
- Kantara Castle - Historic fortress in the mountains with spectacular views.
- Varosha - The "ghost town" of Famagusta remains virtually untouched since the Turkish invasion in 1974.
- Apostolos Andreas - Pilgrimage site dedicated to Saint Andrew.
- Karpasia - Unspoilt peninsula.
Choose one of the tours shown for more details. If you don't see a tour that interests you, please send us an email with your requirements and we can create an itinerary to suit your needs - email@example.com